EMPLOYER: Two Harbors Housing & Redevelopment Authority
POSITION TITLE: Office Assistant
RESPONSIBLE TO: Executive Director
NUMBER OF PERSONS SUPERVISED: None (0)
HOURS: Determined by work schedule but at least fourteen (14) hours per week.
DISTINGUISHING CHARACTERISTICS: The position requires full proficiency in general office functions as well as the ability to learn and use a significant level of technical knowledge. This position works with supervision and must exercise judgment and discretion in handling assigned responsibilities, including the ability to resolve problems, and accept exceptions and variations in the work.
- Background check that meets State standards
- Citizen or eligible immigration status
- High school diploma or GED certification
- Proof of valid driver licenses and insurance yearly
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to meet and relate to clientele and the public
- Proficient computer software knowledge including use of Word and Excel
- Knowledge or ability to learn program requirements
- Organizational skills, time management ability to prioritize job responsibilities
- Must be able to physically perform the basic life operational functions of climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, walking, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing and performing repetitive motions.
- Must be able to perform sedentary work exerting 20 pounds of force occasionally and 10 pounds frequently.
- Must be able to possess the visual acuity to prepare data, view a computer terminal, and do extensive reading.
- Persons with mental or physical disabilities are eligible for this position as long as they can perform the essential functions of the job after reasonable accommodation is made to their known limitations. If the accommodation cannot be made, because it would cause the employer undue hardship, such person may not be eligible.
The following tasks and responsibilities are typical
- Greets all individuals by phone, in person or through electronic media. Assesses customers' needs and explains services, processes, procedures and guidelines. Handles requests/transactions or directs the person or matter to the proper sources. Assists in resolving problems and ensuring satisfactory service.
- Provide administrative support or assistance in certain defined areas to the Executive Director or other personnel in the office.
- Processes forms or applications to ensure accuracy and completetness; computes or verifies data, enters data and forwards or files paperwork
- Uses a personal computer and a variety of office software applications including word processing, email, and file management. Prepares documents in Word from scratch or using predefined templates and form letters. Creates or maintains files in Excel and Word. May create PowerPoint presentations and use Access or other databases.
- Prepares and maintains applications and forms for tenancy, lease-up, annual recertification and interim exams. May assist in completing lease-ups, annual recertification and interim exams.
- Schedules, maintains, participates in and records annual inspections.
- Records unit maintenance – including paint, carpet and repairs.
- May assist in creating or maintaining web-site.
- Operates other office equipment such as printers, copy machines, fax machines. May serve as liaison with service and vendor personnel.
- May serve as receiver of mail or correspondence for the work unit or area. Opens or reviews correspondence and determines proper disposition.
- Files documents
- May attend and participates in meetings and may take minutes or notes and perform follow-up activities.
- Other responsibilities as assigned,
- Positions in this classification may perform all or some of the functions above and other related duties as assigned.
Position is open until filled.
Send Resume to: Executive Director
Two Harbors Housing & Redevelopment Authority
505 First Avenue
Two Harbors, MN
Starting Wage: $11-12.00 per hour – no benefits – Potential for Advancement