This position is responsible for the production welding of all components, which make up the parts in the manufacturing process of heavy hydraulic attachments.
• Perform arc, wirefeed and arc air welding including knowledge of all basic weld symbols on blueprints.
• Maintain the ability to weld according to Weld Quality Policy.
• Understand pre/post heat of weldment to include the proper use of temperature control stick.
• Meet performance standards per job/task as outlined on product routes.
• Operate overhead crane, jib hoist, forklift and other lifting devices safely and properly
• Maintain safe and organized work area including end of shift clean up and light maintenance in
• accordance with 5S standards.
• Must be able to communicate fully with supervisor(s) and coworker(s).
• Use and follow personal protective equipment program at all times.
• Proper and safe use of cutting torches
• Ability to read and follow product routes
• Ability to read and complete labor tickets.
• Required to adhere to all safety programs and policies
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
In addition to all Class C major job functions:
• Must demonstrate weld ability on one or more product lines.
• Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
• Must demonstrate knowledge of layout, fit-up and tacking on one or more product lines.
In addition to all Class C and B Major job functions:
• Must have demonstrated weld ability on all product lines.
• Must be able to work with no supervision.
• Ability to train and assign work to others in the department.
• Assist in documenting standard work procedures and provide training on same.
• Ability to operate all welding equipment including manual machines and robot welder if assigned.